Saturday, May 9, 2009

Meet The Box

I'm sure you don't all read my "tweets" so I'm going to embellish on a recent one. As I said below, I have been training like crazy for this season. One of the workouts I have been doing is box jumps. I used to think running stairs was challenging, until I met the box. The box I jump on is 30" high and it isn't exactly new to me, but I have never experienced it at such a high volume. In the past, I would do sets of 5-8 jumps in some sort of circuit. So usually the most I'd do in a day is 32 jumps total. The workout I did on Wednesday was a total of 400 jumps. Let me tell you it is HARD! If you get lazy, you will pay! The box is not soft and it doesn't accept anything but 100% effort every time. The alternative is falling on your face when you miss! 9 days until spring training!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

No comments: