Sunday, April 12, 2009

Pre-Spring Training-Training

Now that there are only however many days that countdown says ------------> left until spring training, I have been working out quite a bit. I've always enjoyed working out but lately I've seriously appreciated it, for it has become a "break" in my day. As of right now, I have about 4 days to finish my thesis in order to complete my master's degree (not including the defense). So needless to say, I've spent many hours writing, re-writing, researching, formatting, etc. My breaks from working on my thesis, who I've named Terry, include working out and coaching when my regular work schedule allows it. Everything else has become a luxury... like sleeping and hanging out with friends. I have had a few breaks, but only when I'm waiting to receive feedback from a member of my committee. Aka, I finish writing a section and then wait for my committee to tear it apart and tell me to re-write it. Terry is pretty needy and very particular about how he's written. I thought maybe if I named him that we would get along better. It's not working out too well. Anyway, enough about him, this is supposed to be about working out. I guess I just wanted to share with everyone that I am getting pretty excited to play this season! It keeps me motivated when I'm working out and pushes me through every lunge, box jump and stair sprint I have to do. 37 days!!!!!! :)

No comments: