Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Vote for my number!

If you read my last post, you'll notice that I no longer have a number. The following will be posted on the Force website, along with a poll to vote:
If you ask an athlete about their jersey number, I can guarantee you it means more to them then just a number on their back. When I first started playing softball, jersey numbers were handed out according to size. So the smallest player on the team would get #1, the biggest player would get #15 and the rest would fill in accordingly. As we got older we were allowed to pick our numbers and we started forming favorites. When I was about eight years old I wanted to be like my sister Kelly, who's favorite number was 10. From then on, I stuck with #10 and it became part of me. When I was recruited to play at Illinois State, I remember going home and looking at their website to see who had #10. When I saw that Abbie Scott was graduating and #10 would be available, I knew I was meant to be a Redbird. When I was asked to play for the Force last year, I was given #11, or if you ask me I was #10+1 :) But this year I need to pick a new number, because I gave #11 to my roomie, Margo Pruis. I can't just pick any number though, because it has to mean something to me. This is where I need your help! Vote for what number you think I should be, and on opening day it will be revealed. I chose three numbers, each for a different reason. 21 because it's 10+11, 24 because it was my basketball number, and 28 because 2+8=10. I trust you all to pick my number and I can't wait to see you at opening day!
FLOTG,
Stacy Birk #??

No comments: